Critical Updates.app keeps you informed of when a background update of the listed components occurs. These are controlled by the command line
softwareupdate tool and by App Store preference settings in System Preferences.
Critical Updates refreshes the Components table on launch, and about once every 60 minutes if left running; it polls the App Store for Security updates on launch and about once every 10 seconds while running. Critical Updates has a very low energy and resource footprint and can be left running with virtually no impact on system resources.
Critical Updates is free to download and use for non-commercial use. A ‘Supplied as is’ license is implied, with no warranty and no liability accepted, including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
If you wish to license Critical Updates for commercial use, please contact Sqwarq support.
Minimum System Requirements: macOS 10.11
- newly-updated Components are colored red in the table
- an alert appears in the window when a Security update needs to be installed manually
- click the yellow warning triangle next to the alert message text to open the App Store
- click the ‘x’ button to hide the alert message
- double-click any Component’s name to reveal it in the Finder
- click the App Store icon in the window to immediately open the App Store preference settings
(Update: 08 Dec 2016 13:00 ICT )
See the release notes
More troubleshooting apps from Sqwarq: